Our students have just taken a huge step of faith. From Genesis to Revelation there is a golden thread that is woven throughout scripture of God's deep love for all nations. Our students spent five days in a completely different country and culture. Many had the best time of their life and were deeply impacted! We saw so many smiles and some tears. Their view of the world was upended and now they're asking, "What's next?" We pray that the end of this mission was the start of a new journey of faith and love for god's people. We pray that they may continue to run the race in order to get the prize that the Lord has for them in eternity. That they may strive to hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant."
While it's important for our students to analyze, process and rejoice in what the Lord has taught them during their time in Nassau, don't stop there. As parents you can help them to look beyond themselves to what God is doing in the world and specifically in the country and people they labored among. You can begin by asking them some of the following questions:
- What was it like in the Bahamas?
- How would you describe the people and culture from the Bahamas to those in our own country?
- What did I see God doing among the people of Bahamas?
- What's next? Is there something you can do to help in the Bahamas? Is there something you can do differently here at home?
- How can we, as a family, pray for the Bahamas?