Sunday, January 13, 2013

Heading Home


It's a bittersweet end on this final update from the Bahamas. Many of us aren't quite ready to leave, but we all really can't wait to get home. We had one last powerful time of devotion and worship on the beach, followed by breakfast.  

Hear the heart of our youth pastor:

“And the glory of the Lord will be revealed and all mankind will see it…”
Isaiah 40:5

What an amazing week! It was a tremendous blessing and an incredible honor to be a witness to what Jesus did in and through our kids.

My prayer from the beginning was that each student and leader would experience the fullness of what the Lord had for him or her while here. I have to say that not only were my expectations met, but the Lord also exceeded what I believed was possible.

I shouldn’t have been surprised. I know Paul teaches us in Ephesians 3:20 that Jesus will do exceedingly abundantly above whatever we can imagine. And I’ll be honest, I was, and I am so glad! To watch these kids serve, share, and worship was inspiring. As a parent, I can think of nothing else I would ever want for my kids. Be encouraged—you guys are doing a great job! Continue to invest and pour Jesus into the lives of these young men and women, for great will be your reward. -Sean Dougherty



No comments: